Thursday, October 4, 2007

we need some more marc jacobs in our lives

Alright, here's another post that has nothing to do with Chicago whatsoever. But I'll be going back home for the weekend for fall break, so hopefully I'll get some pictures in by then.

By now, everyone should know that every girl's favorite designer has released a new fragrance called Daisy. I read in an interview somewhere that the fragrance was inspired by Daisy Buchanan from The Great Gatsby. (I never much liked her, she was too flighty for my taste.) I've tried a sample, and it was very "girly" smelling. I can definitely imagine Daisy wearing this while she was playing tennis.




These totes are only available at the marc jacobs store for around $12 (cheaper than an old navy or target tote!!). There isn't one in Chicago, I can't believe that he has stores in Taiwan, Malaysia, Vegas, New York, Saudi Arabia, Russia, California....pretty much the entire world except for us. Maybe he's scared to open up a store here, because we live in a city that's considered to be the fattest in the nation (according to Men's Fitness Magazine, but what do they know anyways). But these tote bags are delicious, they're going up to $40 on ebay right now.





And now for the man himself. I got these pictures from the addicting new drug called perezhilton.com. He's got a tattoo of himself as a Simpson's character! It's very cute, I like how the cartoon version of himself is waving at something.



Can you believe that the man once looked like this??

And now he looks like this!
(note: he's got a little J tattoo, i think for his lover)


Jesus christ, he looks like a whole new person. This picture is funny in an awkward way, I think he's doing some form of yoga on top of this nice young gentleman.




A statement intended for Marc's eyes only:

HEY MARC JACOBS! If you read this blog, (maybe when the world explodes) can you make a store in Chicago! Please? We are sick of going to Nordstrom's or Bloomingdale's and also searching the internet for your designs. We need a store asap now! We the city of Chicago, vow to stop eating hot dogs and pizza if you come here. I solemnly swear dearest marc jacobs.


Okay, I'm done rambling now.

5 comments:

niki said...

i think i liked him better when he was kind of dorky looking.

Unknown said...

I loved the perfume and hated the design of the bottle when I tried Daisy out. I think I liked him better as a dork as well, but the tattoo's genius.

moxie said...

Didn't you hear? There's a store opening in Bucktown - I think the address is 1714 N. Damen?

Pretty great, eh?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

time to update your blog miss!!