Tuesday, October 30, 2007

random information

I went to two shows and saw two amazing bands.
The indie music scene in Chicago is alive and buzzing.
After all, it is the pretentious home base for the folks at Pitchforkmedia.com


Tokyo Police Club is a jumpy band from Canada. I thought that I was attending an 18+ show, but apparently there were 13 year old teenage girls/boys surrounding me. I guess kids really know their music now a days.

The guys in the band looked so incredibly young, I think all of them are either 19 or in their early 20's.
Their ensemble consisted of plaid button ups, purposeful band t-shirts and rumpled jeans.



Of Montreal was one gigantic, colorful, homosexual dance party. I saw a man walking around in S&M gear and the audience was pretty much beautiful, since the majority of them were gay.

The members wore great costumes coated with glitter and spandex. Kevin Barnes stripped to a pair of skin tight hot pants with stockings. The man is a genius. A genius that wears blue eyeshadow and glitter.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Tokyo Police Club are seriously hot. I think I followed Of Montreal on tour last fall, quite by accident, but their live show is something to be seen, no?

Rhiannon said...

The Of Montreal show sounds like heaven . . . I've seen them live twice this year already but I keep wanting to go to more of their shows!

Great pictures, btw!!