Monday, October 29, 2007

only shopping gives me happiness

Bad news.
I wasn't able to take pictures of people on the streets when I went home for vacation because my camera ran out of batteries. I have the worst luck sometimes.
Instead of wallowing in my sadness, I went out and hit the stores.
Here is a documentation of the items I bought.


Shoes Shoes Shoes!!



Black leather slip-on heels $1.50!



Leather Brazilian pointed flats $4



Crazy 80's slingbacks $2



Blue heels once more $1.50
(Blue shoes complete me.)


Purses! Purses! Purses!


Vintage Lord & Taylor bag $6



Vintage Marshall Field's shoulder bag $4
(R.I.P. my lovely, lovely store)



Vintage clutch/purse $4.50


1950's shirtwaist dress $4
(now I can finally look like a 50's housewife during my leisure times.)


and the best find goes too...

a pair of American Apparel skinny jeans for $14.44!!!!




They usually go for around $70 at the store but I couldn't believe that I found them for only $13.99!!! (14.44 including tax) I got them at Crossroads Trading Co. in Wicker Park, which is a store that sells used clothing. The store was filled with tons of things from Urban Outfitters and American Apparel t-shirts. It felt like they were practically giving them away. I kept asking the sales lady if the price was a joke, but it wasn't!









TAKE THAT American Apparel!! Your jeans were priced at a ridiculous amount and I refused to buy them. Everything in that store is pretty much ridiculously priced. All that will-power did pay off at the end. The lesson at the end of the story is: consignment and thrift stores are the only way for college students to shop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO TRUE! though for some reason I got a fat check and excessive dark chocolate from my grandmother for Halloween so I'm thinking on splurging on some, say, $50 pixie boots on eBay. haha!

Tara Diane said...

Oh gosh, you found some cute stuff. Now I'm in the mood to go thrifting, but they're all closed by now :(.