Monday, December 17, 2007

Homeboy Spotlight: Ferris Bueller


Ferris Bueller's Day Off is probably everyone's favorite 80's-teen movie. For those of you who aren't aware of this cultural icon, he's a high school student from the suburbs of Chicago getting into adventures while skipping school. Everyone loves him for his nonchalant personality and the ability to charm his way out of any sticky situation. Every time I watch this movie I feel like I'm wasting my life away on the couch doing nothing. I feel like jumping out of the house, take a train to wrigley field, and go on some wacky adventure. But of course, I soon realize that the movie is just a fictional illusion John Hughes has created. Sometimes, I do wish I had Ferris' cheery perspective of life. He's the bright-eyed teen everyone wishes they could've been.

Well this post is dedicated to his quirky 80's style.





I'm obsessed with suspenders at the moment.




Jesus, look at the tassels on that jacket. Could you imagine anyone wearing that now??




Bomber jackets, high-waisted shorts, and weird printed vests may still be worn in the 21st century by hipsters. But this was probably the norm back then.




Berets and Ray Bans won't ever go out of style. The same goes to red ferrari's.




They look like such bad asses.
(Note to self: must curl up lips a little to get the desired effect)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a great movie. Did you know that the guy who takes Cameron's dad's car out for a joyride is the drummer from Sonic Youth?

I love Sloane's style so much. And her hair. It's so calm and understated for the 80s.

Anonymous said...

I am incredibly jealous that you have bumped into Ben Kweller. I think I would faint if I ever did.

Ferris Bueller is such a great movie! Makes me feel like I wasted my sick days in high school on days I was actually sick.

Stitch Society said...

Great movie, such a classic.

-Stitch

s.i. michaels said...

God, I loved this movie. And even saw it in the theater when it came out.