Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hipster Mania, It's Insania?

In December I went to see Flosstradamus. They're a DJ duo (Josh Young, Curt Cameruci) from Chicago, known for their infamous dance parties. I feel like I should've put these pictures up months ago. But I was really pissed off because I lost half of the pictures from my camera memory card malfunctioning. I did find a batch of pictures that survived though.

But on a happier note, it was one giant, friendly, dance party. I don't know if you can tell, but everyone featured in this post were probably soaking with sweat from all the bodily motions and rubbing. The crowd went absolutely ballistic when the official song of 2007, D.A.N.C.E by Justice came on. I did get to meet the photographer who runs everyoneisfamous.com and in the midst of camera bulbs flashing off, gave him a giant cheesy hug. I guess I was just really happy to finally meet the guy who ran the site.
Kid Sister
(Pro-Nails w/ Kanye West) was also spotted, she was gorgeous and her makeup was perfect. For some reason, I took pictures of guys more than girls. The girls didn't wear anything much interesting, mostly sweaters and coats. It was 5 degrees outside, I guess the weather was a factor so they didn't fuss about clothing that night since it was freezing.

So tell me, is Chicago a hit or miss?





















6 comments:

Marie-Kristine said...

friendly dance parties are the best kind!

Anonymous said...

Haha that looks super fun. Although that giant Santa Claus face is kind of scary.. Yay hipster dance parties. :]

Unknown said...

hit
think so..(?
but your blog?
a total hit
to my links
bye!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love dance parties! And... so many cute boys!

terren said...

it looks pretty cool!

Thee Erin said...

Bah! It's a miss. Fashionwise I mean.

Seriously - the photos look like outtakes from the 1999 movie 'Go.'