Thursday, September 27, 2007

just an introduction

I've been obsessively looking through street fashion blogs for over a year now. It's inspiring to see what people are wearing all over the world. But the one thing that I soon came to notice was the lack of blogs about my hometown, Chicago. The city is filled with millions of people that need to have their pictures taken, and it was sad to see that no one has been really documenting them.

What do people in the world think about Chicago anyways? Do you think that we all walk around in Michael Jordan jerseys and eat hot dogs? I mean, there's tons of us that still do, but there are others who have amazing style. Instead of sitting around and doing nothing, I decided to make a blog myself to capture the people and culture of Chicago (and maybe the surrounding suburbs too, can't forget about them).


This post would be boring without a picture, so here's a protest in front of Macy's on State Street. DOWN WITH MACY'S!! We still miss you Marshall Field's.

photo credits: timothy state

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your blog miss!

monica! said...

um, actually someone is documenting them and it's me.

themidwasteland.blogspot.com